Saturday, August 6, 2022
HomeCruiseRoyal Caribbean drops testing for vaccinated passengers with new Covid protocols for...

Royal Caribbean drops testing for vaccinated passengers with new Covid protocols for U.S. sailings


Royal Caribbean has posted its preliminary Covid-19 well being protocols for cruises that embrace the dropping of Covid-19 testing on quick sailings for vaccinated passengers.

Final week, Royal Caribbean Group introduced it will not check passengers on quick sailings from the U.S.

Royal Caribbean’s web site has been up to date with new guidelines for cruises departing from U.S. homeports on or after August 8, 2022 that don’t go to Bermuda or Canada. 

Company on cruises visiting Canada or Bermuda will nonetheless must observe the present testing protocols till additional discover.

Royal Caribbean mentioned in a posting on its web site, “We’re presently creating up to date protocols that present for the continued security of our friends, crew, and the communities we go to, higher align with the journey and hospitality sector, and meet vacation spot rules. This implies we’re transitioning to the purpose the place everybody will be capable of trip with us.”

New Covid coverage adjustments

The main change is in testing for passengers crusing from the U.S. August 8 –  August 14th, 2022.

Absolutely vaccinated friends will solely have to indicate a check end result at boarding if the crusing is 6 nights or longer.

Unvaccinated youngsters will nonetheless want to indicate a check end result to board all sailings, no matter size. Nevertheless, they won’t want to check once more on the terminal.

Company will now have the identical check normal, no matter vaccination standing: You’ll be able to present a destructive check end result from a supervised PCR or antigen check taken throughout the 3 days earlier than your boarding day. 

Beforehand, unvaccinated youngsters have been required to solely take a PCR check. Furthermore, vaccinated friends needed to get their check finished inside 2 days of crusing. This new change provides vaccinated friends extra time to get a check accomplished and unvaccinated youngsters the selection to take a speedy antigen check as an alternative.

Required testing for all friends, no matter vaccination standing, should be accomplished utilizing a PCR or antigen check that’s supervised by a healthcare skilled or a house check package that’s performed beneath stay video supervision.

Exams should be organized by yourself and are at your individual expense. 

Company confirmed on U.S. sailings departing on or earlier than August 7, 2022, ought to adhere to protocols beforehand communicated.

For these friends booked after August 14, 2022, please await the precise protocol particulars from the cruise line associated to these sailings. 

No change in vaccination coverage but

There’s been no change as of but to the vaccination necessities, regardless of Royal Caribbean Worldwide President and CEO Michael Bayley confirming a change was coming.

“Further data will quickly observe, nonetheless, till then, present vaccine steering stays unchanged.”

The web site does embrace language that factors to a change, however no coverage shift has occurred but, “We’re persevering with to work with our vacation spot companions to evolve and finalize different journey protocols, as we start transitioning to the purpose the place everybody will be capable of trip with us.”

“We sit up for offering extra updates in coming days.”

Final week, Mr. Bayley posted on Fb that Royal Caribbean cruise ships will sail at 80% vaccinated, leaving the additional 20% for unvaccinated. 

Again-to-Again Sailings Testing

Movie star Cruises additionally posted their new protocols, which embrace a point out of back-to-back sailings.

Testing for back-to-back sailings isn’t required for all sailings. Company will probably be notified onboard if testing is required and will probably be offered testing for free of charge if wanted.

This back-to-back testing coverage applies to sailings on any ships throughout the Royal Caribbean Group which incorporates Movie star Cruises, Royal Caribbean Worldwide and SilverSea.



Supply hyperlink

RELATED ARTICLES

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Most Popular

Recent Comments