Viking introduced its 2024 -2025 World Cruise itineraries, together with the brand new Viking World Voyage I, which sails around the globe in 180 days, visiting 37 nations and 85 ports, with in a single day stays in 13 iconic cities. Setting sail on December 19, 2024, from Fort Lauderdale, the itinerary will embody ports of name throughout 5 continents and can utterly circumnavigate the globe when it returns to the USA for its closing port in New York on June 17, 2025. At present’s announcement of the brand new World Cruises comes at a time of report gross sales for Viking, with the launch of Viking’s new twenty fifth Anniversary Sale on January 1 ensuing within the highest variety of bookings in a single week within the firm’s historical past. On January 9 alone, Viking had its strongest single gross sales day ever.
“For 25 years, we’ve been dedicated to offering our company with immersive and culturally enriching experiences whereas touring the world in consolation,” stated Torstein Hagen, Chairman of Viking. “Our earlier World Cruises offered out in a matter of weeks, and we proceed to see sturdy demand from our company for prolonged voyages. Our seamless World Cruises are the best of all adventures and permit company to discover extra of the world with us.”
Visitors crusing on Viking’s award-winning 930-guest ship, the Viking Sky®, will discover ports of name in Central America; transit the Panama Canal; journey up the West Coast of North America earlier than crossing the Pacific Ocean and calling upon the Hawaiian islands and French Polynesia; traverse New Zealand and Australia; and sail by Asia, the Center East, the Mediterranean and Northern Europe earlier than crossing the Atlantic and concluding in New York. A shorter 163-day portion of the crusing, Viking World Voyage II, departs from Los Angeles on January 5, 2025 and visits 29 nations and 78 ports earlier than ending in New York. Visitors might also select the 138-day Viking World Cruise itinerary from Ft. Lauderdale to London or the 121-day voyage, Viking World Journeys which departs from Los Angeles and visits 23 nations earlier than ending in London.
2024-2025 World Cruise Itinerary Highlights:
Viking’s latest World Cruise itineraries go to dozens of the world’s most iconic cities, alongside lesser-known locations, in a single steady itinerary. In a single day stays in 13 ports, comparable to Sydney, Haifa, Singapore and Istanbul, and double overnights in Auckland, Bali, Ho Chi Minh, Yangon, Mumbai and Bergen, permit company to delve deeper. Whereas on board, Viking gives cultural enrichment by onboard lectures and leisure – such because the Viking Resident Historian® program, which offers company with a high-level historic and cultural schooling particular to their journey. Visitors will immerse themselves on the earth’s wealthy cultures throughout included excursions that present unmatched perception into each day life, in addition to Privileged Entry® visits to cultural establishments. Highlights of the brand new 2024-2025Viking World Cruise itineraries embody:
- Auckland, New Zealand: Cultural Capital of New Zealand – Set between the harbors of Waitematā and Manukau, company will expertise three days in New Zealand’s cosmopolitan metropolis of Auckland, recognized for its award-winning wines, tree-lined parks and love of cruising.
- Singapore, Singapore: A Melting Pot of Cultures – Witness the outstanding cultural range of Singapore throughout an in a single day keep. Take a tour of town’s eclectic neighborhoods, from Little India to Arab Avenue, go to the futuristic horticultural park showcasing multiple million crops, or take pleasure in a Evening Safari on the world’s first nocturnal wildlife park.
- Mumbai, India: A Metropolis of Previous and New – Whereas in port within the bustling metropolis of Mumbai for 3 days, company have extra time ashore to be taught concerning the life and legacy of activist Mahatma Gandhi, benefit from the Hanging Gardens, one of many prized few parks discovered within the metropolis, and discover the range of its neighborhoods, from the picturesque slim streets of Previous Mumbai to the colourful markets within the metropolis’s middle.
- Istanbul, Turkey: The place East Meets West – Visitors will take pleasure in ample time to expertise this historic metropolis throughout an in a single day keep. Straddled throughout two continents and the Bosporus Strait, Istanbul gives a wealth of spiritual websites to discover such because the spectacular Blue Mosque or the legendary Hagia Sophia, and boasts scrumptious fusion delicacies, combining recent Mediterranean fare with spices from the Far East and Asia.
- London (Greenwich), England: The Royal Borough – Visitors will take pleasure in exploring the historic Royal Borough of Greenwich, London on the Thames River, permitting easy accessibility to the regal capital’s iconic sights, together with the Tower of London, Homes of Parliament, Large Ben, Westminster Abbey, Buckingham Palace and St. Paul’s Cathedral.
- New York Metropolis, New York: The Metropolis That By no means Sleeps – The epic Viking World Voyage I and Viking World Voyage II journeys conclude in New York Metropolis, the place company can take within the exhilarating streets of Decrease Manhattan’s monetary district to the intimate warrens of Greenwich Village. The town options one thing for all company with tradition, delicacies and architectural magnificence.
The Viking Sky
Viking’s ocean ships have a gross tonnage of 47,800 tons, with 465 staterooms that may host 930 company. Viking’s award-winning ocean fleet consists of the Viking Star®, Viking Sea®, Viking Sky®, Viking Orion®, Viking Jupiter®, Viking Venus®, Viking Mars® and Viking Neptune®. The Viking Saturn® will be a part of the fleet in 2023. Categorized by Cruise Critic as “small ships,” Viking’s ocean fleet options fashionable Scandinavian design with elegant touches, intimate areas and a focus to element. Highlights embody:
- All Veranda Staterooms: Visitors can select from 5 stateroom classes, ranging from 270 sq. ft. Veranda Staterooms, all with personal verandas, sweeping views of the vacation spot and premium facilities that embody king-size beds with luxurious linens, generously proportioned closets, massive interactive flat-screen LCD TVs with movies-on-demand, free Wi-Fi and award-winning loos with massive showers, premium Freyja® tub merchandise and heated flooring.
- Explorer Suites: The ships characteristic 14 Explorer Suites, that are two-room suites starting from 757 to 1,163 sq. ft. With expansive views from wraparound personal verandas, in addition to probably the most facilities and privileges of any class on board, Explorer Suites provide the final word sanctuary for World Cruise company.
- Two Pool Decisions: Along with the Most important Pool with a retractable roof allowing any-season swimming, the ships characteristic a first-of-its-kind glass-backed Infinity Pool cantilevered off the strict, permitting company to swim surrounded by their vacation spot.
- The Spa: Consistent with Viking’s Nordic heritage, The Spa on board is designed with the holistic wellness philosophy of Scandinavia in thoughts—from the centuries-old custom of the sauna to a Snow Grotto the place snowflakes gently descend from the ceiling by chilled air.
- Explorers’ Lounge and Mamsen’s: Share a cocktail with buddies. Linger over a Norwegian breakfast and a nautical historical past e-book. The Explorers’ Lounge and Mamsen’s gourmand deli are considerate areas positioned on the bow of the ship and designed to signify the Scandinavian spirit for full leisure and for marveling at sweeping views by double-height home windows.
- The Wintergarden: Visitors on the lookout for serenity will discover it within the Wintergarden. On this elegant area underneath a cover of Scandinavian trellised wooden, company can bask in afternoon tea service.
- Eating Decisions: Viking’s ships provide eight eating choices, all with no extra cost or price—from high quality eating in The Restaurant, which serves three full meals and quite a lot of culinary choices, and the World Café, which options worldwide fare and regional specialties together with a sushi and seafood chilly bar—to intimate different eating experiences at The Chef’s Desk, which gives a multi-course tasting menu with wine pairings, and Manfredi’s, which options freshly ready pastas and Italian favorites. The Pool Grill focuses on gourmand burgers, whereas afternoon tea and scones can be found within the Wintergarden. Mamsen’s serves Norwegian deli-style fare, and complimentary 24-hour room service permits all company to take pleasure in many signature dishes within the consolation of their stateroom. Moreover, with a number of selections for outside seating throughout meals, Viking’s ocean ships provide probably the most al fresco eating at sea. Moreover, The Kitchen Desk focuses on regional dishes from market to desk.
- Cultural Enrichment: Viking experiences from ship to shore are designed for unparalleled entry and cultural enrichment. Viking Resident Historians ship high-level historic and cultural schooling particular to the journey, providing invaluable perception into the wealthy historical past of the vacation spot. Visitor Lecturers who’re consultants of their fields make clear the vacation spot’s artwork, structure, music, geopolitics, pure world and extra. Vacation spot Performances signify probably the most iconic cultural performing arts of the area—whether or not or not it’s Italian opera or Portuguese fado. Resident Classical Musicians—pianists, guitarists, violinists and flautists—carry out classical compositions all through the ships. And Culinary Courses in The Kitchen Desk, Viking’s onboard cooking faculty, give attention to regional delicacies.
- Nordic Inspiration: Even the smallest particulars take their inspiration from the exploratory spirit of the unique Vikings, reflecting deeply held Nordic traditions. Gentle wooden grains, touches of slate and teak, Swedish limestone and aromatic juniper seem all through the general public areas and Spa. The Clinker-built design of the Viking Bar mirrors the development type of the unique Viking Longships. A Viking Heritage Heart offers historical past and context from the Viking Age. And characters from Norse Mythology are subtly integrated into the design, offering curious company with inspiration to additional discover Viking’s Nordic heritage.
From now by March 31, 2023, Viking is providing particular financial savings for World Cruise company together with enterprise class air, floor transfers to and from the ship, all onboard gratuities and repair charges, complimentary visa service and Silver Spirits beverage bundle, which incorporates nearly all drinks on board, in addition to free baggage transport providers for embarkation. Plus, all World Cruise company obtain $2,000 per individual shore excursions credit score, which can be utilized in the direction of non-obligatory shore excursions or overland excursions, in addition to $1,000 per individual shipboard credit score for spa providers, onboard outlets and laundry. Viking Explorer Society Members obtain an extra $1,000 per individual shipboard credit score.
Name Viking toll free at 1-855-8-VIKING (1-855-884-5464) or contact a journey agent for particulars.