Banner photograph: Screenshot of Mayon from the Official PNR FB Web page & DOTR
Planning to journey to Bicol anytime quickly? Prepare journeys from Naga Metropolis to Legazpi Metropolis are again! In case you missed the information, the state-owned Philippine Nationwide Railways (PNR) has lastly resumed operations alongside the Naga-Legazpi rail line on Wednesday, December 27, 2023, after six years.
PNR suspended operations on the Naga-Legazpi route again in April 2017 after two years of service due to the shortage of practice coaches and locomotives on the time. Whereas I haven’t tried using this particular route myself but, I plan to the following time I go to my hometown Naga.
In case you’re curious and need to strive a brand new out a special means of touring round Bicol, right here’s the practice schedule from Naga to Legazpi, how a lot it prices to journey, detailed timetable from completely different stations, and different info it is best to know for reference.
The map beneath reveals your complete PNR route from Caloocan to Bicol. Nevertheless the purple line is at present suspended. Routes from Caloocan to Calamba (Inexperienced), Naga to Sipocot (Yellow), and Naga to Legazpi (Blue) route are the one operational routes as of January 2024.
Again within the previous days, Tutuban in Manila and the Bicol area was linked by the lengthy haul route referred to as the Bicol Categorical, which is at present suspended as a consequence of getting older rolling inventory and devastation to the strains brought on by typhoons. We acquired an opportunity to journey the in a single day practice once more again in 2011 throughout a short-lived try and revitalize the practice line, earlier than companies have been stopped indefinitely once more.
Right here’s a better take a look at the operational route from Naga to Legazpi. This covers a distance of 101 kilometers.
Beginning December 27, 2023 onwards, there can be two journeys from Naga Metropolis, Camarines Sur to Legazpi Metropolis in Albay per day, and two every day journeys as effectively from Legazpi to Naga. Every practice can accommodate about 250 passengers.
- DEP: 5:38 a.m. / ARR: 8:42 a.m.
- DEP: 5:30 p.m. / ARR: 8:34 p.m.
- DEP: 5:45 a.m. / ARR: 8:49 a.m.
- DEP: 5:47 p.m. / ARR: 8:51 p.m.
Working Timetable from Naga to Legazpi
The proposed working schedule beneath was shared within the feedback part on the official PNR FB web page coming from a PNR worker. Nevertheless, it’s a bit exhausting to learn. FYI, PNR usually posts updates and modifications/delays within the schedule on the Official PNR Fb Web page. Schedules might change with out prior discover. Please test their Fb web page on the day of your journey.
- Naga Metropolis
- Washington Drive
- Naga to Sipocot: 45 minutes
- Naga to Legazpi: 3 hours, 4 minutes
The minimal fare is P15 for the shortest leg, whereas it prices P155 per particular person for end-to-end journey from Naga to Legazpi. Beneath is the common fare from Naga to Legazpi from Naga solely. Right here’s a full listing of the fare coming from completely different stations.
PNR honors the 20% low cost for senior residents, college students, and individuals with disabilities, so long as they current a sound ID.
Passenger Journey Information/Procedure:
- Step 1: Purchase Ticket from Ticket Sales space (5 seconds)
- Step 2: Present Ticket to gate inspector/conductor (5 seconds)
- Step 3: Board the Prepare (1 minute)
- Step 4: Journey to your vacation spot (journey time varies, see timetable above)
- Step 4: Exit Prepare (1 minute)
- Step 5: Present Ticket to Inspector at station or vacation spot (5 seconds)
Word: All the time maintain your ticket whereas contained in the practice earlier than leaving the station of vacation spot for inspection. Passengers discovered with out tickets or quick ticketed can be charged with the complete quantity of fare for the route.
The primary coach of the PNR is reserved for the aged, PWDs, pregnant ladies, and passengers with kids. The second coach is just for females.
PNR shared a video clip of the view of Mayon Volcano from the practice. This view may be seen from Kidaco Bridge in Daraga, Albay.
Whereas the official tips (see prohibitions beneath) states that bicycles are usually not allowed contained in the PNR Prepare and stations, this refers to full sized bicycles. In keeping with new rules, folding bikes are allowed inside trains, however passengers can be charged a fare equal to at least one particular person.
Again in 2020, the Division of Transportation (DOTr), by means of its Rail Sector, began putting in bicycle racks at stations of the LRT-1, LRT-2, MRT-3 and PNR transit strains. Bike parking is free however cyclists have to offer their very own padlock. Claiming of bikes is inside working hours.
The DOTr additionally stated that: “Cyclists are additionally allowed to convey their folded bicycles contained in the practice automobile with a fare from origin to vacation spot equal to at least one particular person.”
Hopefully, PNR will take into account permitting full-sized bicycles on sure practice coaches sooner or later, to encourage lively mobility and reduce vehicles on the highway. This may be a giant increase to tourism, particularly for Naga-based cyclists who need to discover extra of the Bicol area. It will be cool to go on a practice journey + do a Mayon Loop by bike in a single journey!
- Consuming, ingesting, smoking
- Being drunk or beneath the affect of medication
- Weapons, or any sort of weapons
- Balloons, balls, or any sort of firecrackers
- Paint, thinner, varnish & related chemical substances
- Bottled wine, fish sauce or patis, & related articles except correctly packed or wrapped.
- Smelly meals like contemporary meat, fish, bagoong, & daing except correctly packed or wrapped.
- Bicycles, skateboards, and different related objects which will hurt or hamper passengers.
- Taking part in the radio or musical devices which may in any other case produce noise.
- Dwell animals
- Huge baggage exceeding 12″x18″x18″ in quantity.
- Exception to the above baggage restriction are these uploaded in Biñan.