San Diego Museum Month was created in 1989 to advertise consciousness of the area’s museums, historic websites, instructional establishments, and cultural points of interest. This month-long promotion occurs each February and has grown to turn out to be a much-anticipated occasion in San Diego County.
This 12 months’s occasion goes to be even higher than ever with a return to an in-person occasion since our San Diego museums are open.
How Museum Month Works
San Diego Museum Month offers patrons an opportunity to find what’s new at greater than 45 San Diego museums, historic websites, gardens, aquariums, and different locations – with financial savings solely seen every year.
Beginning February 1, individuals can decide up a free San Diego Museum Month Go that entitles them to half-off admission in any respect taking part museums all through all the month of February. You don’t need to be a resident — anybody can use this move!
Decide up your free move at Macy’s places within the San Diego space and at over 75 taking part native libraries. These embody:
- San Diego County Library
- San Diego Public Library
- Carlsbad Public Library
- Chula Vista Public Library
- Coronado Public Library
- Escondido Public Library
- Nationwide Metropolis Public Library
- Oceanside Public Library
Visitors with a Museum Month move might deliver as much as 4 folks to taking part museums to obtain half-off admission for all the get together.
There are a couple of restrictions comparable to some museums might solely assist you to use the move a specific amount of instances within the month. Further charges might apply for particular exhibitions at taking part museums.
Macy’s sponsorship additionally supplies funding for a whole bunch of free vouchers for college kids at Title I faculties to take part in Museum Month.
This Yr’s Collaborating Museums
Your Museum Month low cost move will get you half-price admission at these incredible San Diego, CA points of interest.
- Barona Cultural Middle & Museum (Admission is all the time free and move holders can get pleasure from 20% off their museum retailer buy – some exclusions apply – in the course of the month of February.)
- Birch Aquarium at Scripps (Discounted Museum Month admissions for Birch Aquarium MUST be reserved on-line prematurely for a selected date and time. Go to aquarium.ucsd.edu and use code MuseumMonth22 at checkout.)
- Bonita Museum & Cultural Middle California Middle for the Arts, Escondido Museum
- California Surf Museum
- Comedian-Con Museum
- Coronado Historic Affiliation
- Fleet Science Middle (IMAX not included)
- Gaslamp Museum on the Davis-Horton Home
- Heritage of the Americas Museum
- Institute of Up to date Artwork (ICA) Central
- Institute of Up to date Artwork (ICA) North
- JA Cooley Museum
- Japanese Friendship Backyard
- Junipero Serra Museum (SOHO) (The Junípero Serra Museum is closed for renovations till late February 2022.)
- La Jolla Historic Society
- Lemon Grove Parsonage Museum
- Dwelling Coast Discovery Middle
- Maritime Museum of San Diego
- Marston Home Museum and Gardens (SOHO)
- MCRD Command Museum
- Mingei Worldwide Museum
- Miniature Engineering Craftsmanship Museum
- Mission San Luis Rey (Might exclude some particular occasions.)
- Museum of Up to date Artwork San Diego, Downtown
- Museum of Making Music
- Museum of Photographic Arts
- New People Museum
- San Diego African American Museum of High quality Arts
- San Diego Historical past Middle
- San Diego Air and House Museum
- San Diego Archaeological Middle
- San Diego Automotive Museum (Youngsters have to be accompanied by an grownup.)
- San Diego Botanic Backyard (Go could also be used for entrance to the Backyard on at some point solely, as chosen by the passholder. As much as 4 folks could also be admitted that day, however nobody might return with the move on a separate day. Doesn’t embody particular occasions. Tickets have to be bought in particular person on the day of entry by presenting the move at admissions. On-line ticket gross sales should not out there for this low cost).
- San Diego Youngsters’s Discovery Museum (Passes might solely be used as soon as and excludes particular occasions. Can’t be mixed with different provides.)
- San Diego Chinese language Historic Museum (Reopening quickly – watch their web site/social media for updates, upcoming displays and on-line programing.)
- San Diego Mannequin Railroad Museum
- San Diego Museum of Artwork
- San Diego Pure Historical past Museum (The NAT) (Passes might solely be used as soon as and excludes particular occasions. Can’t be mixed with different provides.)
- Santa Ysabel Normal Retailer (SOHO)
- SOHO’s Adobe Chapel Museum (Closed for renovation – watch their web site/social media for updates, upcoming displays and on-line programing.)
- The New Youngsters’s Museum
- Tijuana Estuary Customer Middle
- Timken Museum of Artwork (Reopening quickly – watch their web site/social media for updates, upcoming displays and on-line programing.)
- USS Halfway Museum
- Vanguard Tradition (Arts Media Outlet – watch their web site/social media for upcoming displays and on-line programing.)
- Visions Artwork Museum
- Warner-Carrillo Ranch Home (SOHO)
- Ladies’s Museum of California (Museum with out Partitions – watch their web site/social media for upcoming displays and on-line programing).
Be taught Extra About Museum Month from the San Diego Museum Council
Tune into social media to be taught extra concerning the greatest San Diego museums, historic websites, gardens, zoos, aquariums, and cultural choices which is able to undoubtedly embody data and enjoyable actions that you simply won’t already be acquainted with.
Comply with the San Diego Museum Council on these accounts and examine them every day all through February.
Or, comply with the hashtag #SDMuseumMonth. And, then when the time is true, go to a museum that’s new to you.
Enjoyable Reality: In April 2015, San Diego was acknowledged by the Nationwide Geographic Channel documentary, “World’s Sensible Cities: San Diego,” the place the area gained applause for its way of life wealthy in artwork, cultural variety, and pure magnificence.
Discover a New-to-You Neighborhood Whereas You’re at It
Why not go to a museum that’s in a neighborhood you don’t get to fairly often. Whereas I’ve highlighted loads of issues to do in San Diego on this web site, San Diego Museum Council has additionally curated enjoyable neighborhood guides for much more inspiration and actions to enhance your museum go to.
Which San Diego museums are you wanting ahead to studying extra about throughout San Diego Museum Month?
*Picture credit: San Diego Air and House Museum/Peter Carney for Balboa Park