Barcelona has quite a bit going for it so it’s naturally on the prime of many journey itineraries. It has a vibrant meals scene, a plethora of distinctive historic structure, and among the finest nightlife in Europe. And it’s one of many few main European cities with seashores. So far as journey costs are involved, Barcelona isn’t low-cost, however it isn’t too terribly costly both. On this information, we’ll cowl typical Barcelona journey prices for meals, lodging, sights, and extras so you may higher funds your journey.
This text is a part of our Metropolis Worth Information Sequence — Click on right here to see all our European Metropolis Worth Guides.
Common Every day Price To Go to Barcelona
For budget-minded vacationers, it prices round €70-€95/day to go to Barcelona. These costs are primarily based on what you’ll want to go to town comfortably as a funds traveler.
If you wish to improve your lodging then you definately’ll wish to add one other €120-€150/evening relying on the place you keep. Try Reserving.com to see present resort costs.
These costs additionally don’t embody issues like huge nights out on the bar/pub, membership entry charges, memento/clothes procuring, excursions, random purchases, nicer meals, and so on. Don’t overlook to funds additional for these “non-essentials.”
Every day Price of Funds Journey in Barcelona: €80 ($90 USD)
- Sights: €24 (one paid attraction + any free sights)
- Meals: €29.50
- Breakfast: €3
- Lunch: €8
- Dinner: €15
- Deal with (dessert/beer/wine): €4
- Transportation: €3
- Lodging (hostel): €35
Every day Price of Frugal Journey in Barcelona: €50 ($52 USD)
- Sights: €8 (free strolling tour + go to one of many free sights)
- Meals: €15.50
- Breakfast: $0 (free hostel breakfast)
- Lunch: €6 (ethnic road meals, takeaway store fare, or comparable)
- Dinner: €9 (make your personal meal within the hostel or seize one thing low-cost)
- Beer: €1.5 (relax on the park and have a chilly one)
- Transportation: €0 (discover by foot)
- Lodging (low-cost hostel mattress): €20
Barcelona Attraction and Museum Costs
Barcelona has loads of great neighborhoods and parks to take a look at without cost, however going to museums and different points of interest can get costly.
Contemplate the Go Metropolis: Barcelona Move in the event you plan on doing loads of sightseeing and browse our Barcelona Move Overview for extra particulars.
Barcelona Meals Costs
Barcelona has meals choices for almost any funds however you’ll wish to keep away from the vacationer areas as they’re full of overpriced and low-quality eating places. Do a little bit of analysis on-line earlier than you head out to make sure you get a top quality meal at a great value.
For a lot of locals, lunch is usually the most important meal of the day in order that’s a great time to refill since eating places typically run lunch specials. Moreover, most individuals don’t eat dinner till round 9-10 pm so you might have to do some snacking within the late afternoon in the event you’re accustomed to consuming earlier.
Barcelona Funds Breakfast Costs: Free-€9
- Many hostels will provide a free, easy breakfast that usually consists of cereal, bread/croissant, and perhaps milk, espresso, tea, or juice.
- A typical Barcelona breakfast consists of espresso with milk and a croissant or a doughnut. For one thing extra savory, you may get a toasted ham & cheese sandwich. Anticipate to pay €3-€7.
- You may as well discover loads of budget-friendly choices on the bakery or grocery retailer.
Funds Breakfast Strategies:
- El Petit: Busy joint with good espresso and breakfast choices.
- Roast Membership Cafe: Tremendous cute breakfast place with nice espresso, juice, açaí bowl, and extra.
- Tartela: Easy cafe with loads of baked items, quiche, and occasional.
- Baluard Barceloneta: Glorious bakery serving up all types of breakfast choices, espresso, bread, and different goodies.
- Gula Sana: The place to go for gluten-free baked items.
- La Roseta: Doughnuts, cronuts, espresso, and loads of different baked items.
- Churreria Laietana: You may’t go to Barcelona with out attempting churros dipped in melted chocolate.
Barcelona Funds Lunch Costs: €6-€18
Lunch tends to be the most important meal of the day in Barcelona, however you may nonetheless discover budget-friendly choices.
- Funds vacationers could make a brilliant low-cost lunch of bread, cheese, and fruit from any grocery retailer for a number of Euros.
- Barcelona has wonderful Farmers’ Markets with loads of meals choices.
- Pans & Firm is a sequence “fast-food” restaurant that provides contemporary sandwiches and salads. Consider it because the nicer, Spanish model of Subway. You will get a sandwich, drink, and aspect for €5-€9.
- An affordable takeaway meal (like a kebab with fries) will price about €5-€7.
- A typical lunch at a restaurant/café will price about €8-€14.
- A combo meal at McDonald’s (or comparable) will price about €7-€9.
- A takeaway pizza will set you again about €4-€7.
Funds Lunch Strategies:
- Tucco Actual Meals: Italian classics like contemporary pasta, lasagna, and extra for strong costs.
- Bar Xapako: Unassuming tapas bar could not appear like it however they serve up wonderful tapas and the costs are simply nearly as good.
- Bar Casi: An unassuming family-run restaurant that serves selfmade meals at inexpensive costs.
- A Tu Bola: Meatballs and different tasty dishes.
Barcelona Funds Dinner Costs: €12-€23
- For funds vacationers, you’ll wish to take a look at the various ethnic eating places. You will discover one thing filling for about €8-€14.
- Spanish folks are inclined to eat dinner later within the night at about Sept. 11 pm. An effective way to bridge the starvation hole between lunch and dinner (or eat earlier) is tapas. You may additionally pattern a number of and make a meal out of it. Anticipate to pay €4-€5/tapas or about €15 for dinner.
- You must also have the ability to discover dinner at a restaurant in a much less touristy a part of city for round €18. If you wish to strive paella, it’ll be nearer to €22 per particular person.
Funds Dinner Strategies:
Barcelona Drinks and Alcohol Costs
- A pint of ordinary beer: €2.75-€5
- A pint of beer from a grocery retailer: €1.25
- Bottle of (drinkable) wine from the grocery retailer: €6
- Espresso: €1.50
Learn extra of our methods for Consuming and Ingesting in Europe on a Funds.
Barcelona Transportation Costs
Barcelona has a great public transportation community. Most individuals use the subway (Metro), and it’s air-conditioned, which presents a much-needed reprieve within the steamy summers. Town is pretty compact, so many guests stroll in all places. Examine Barcelona’s Public Transport web site for full particulars.
Single One-Manner Ticket: €2.40
Worth Of T10 ticket (10 one-way journeys): €11.35
- 2-day go: €15
- 3-day go: €22
- 4-day go: €28.50
- 5-day go: €35
Worth Of Barcelona Vacationer Card (free limitless public transit, together with to/from the airport, entry to some museums & different advantages):
- 2-day go: €34
- 3-day go: €44
- 4-day go: €52
- 5-day go: €58
Worth Of Bus from airport to metropolis: €5.90
Worth Of Practice (RENFE) from the airport to town: €4.10 + €2.40 (to change to subway)
Worth Of Taxi from airport to metropolis: €30-€35
Barcelona Hostel, Lodge, & Lodging Costs
Barcelona does have numerous low-cost hostels and inns, however the costs do enhance significantly in the summertime — you’ll wish to guide as early as potential to make sure you get the finest choices. Rental residences are an awesome possibility if you’d like added consolation to your keep.
Barcelona Hostel Costs: €19-€42/evening
A well-rated hostel will price about €25-€35, however you could find beds as low-cost as €16—though many hostels increase their costs on the weekend. Bear in mind, these costs are for a mattress in a shared dorm room. If you’d like a non-public room, count on to pay €55-€95.
We guide our hostels by Hostelworld so test them out to see present charges.
Here’s a listing of the best-rated hostels that received’t break your funds:
Barcelona Funds Inns Costs: €65-€155/evening
On the low finish you shouldn’t count on a lot, however when you get round €85/evening, the inns get a bit higher (assume Tremendous 8 or Motel 6). A room with a non-public lavatory and twin mattress shall be round €65-€100; a double mattress shall be €95-€155.
Try Reserving.com to see present resort costs.
Barcelona Rental Condominium Costs: €95-€160+/evening
From our expertise, rental residences are usually bigger than equally priced resort rooms. Plus, you’ll get a kitchen so it can save you extra money by cooking your personal meals. That mentioned, generally rental residences do have a number of downsides so maintain that in thoughts. Airbnb is at all times widespread however you may generally discover cheaper/higher choices on our listing of Airbnb Alternate options.
Different Journey Prices To Hold In Thoughts
There are a handful of pre-travel prices that you need to issue into your journey funds. I’ve listed a number of under.
- Worldwide Cell Knowledge: Utilizing cellular information whereas overseas can simply run you $10-$20/day in the event you’re not cautious—nonetheless, it’s straightforward to get your excessive speeds information all the way down to round $3/day. Listed here are a number of articles to assist:
- Footwear, Clothes, and Different Journey Equipment: Objects like sneakers, baggage, and different journey gear can find yourself including quite a bit to your general journey funds. Listed here are a number of useful articles that can assist you select what you need to pack and methods to avoid wasting a bit cash by being good with what you purchase.
- Avoiding Pickpockets and Journey Scams: Try my information to pickpockets in Europe and my information to Europe journey rip-offs to keep away from getting your cash, telephones, and property stolen whereas touring.
Extra Barcelona Journey Ideas
Try our Barcelona Journey Information to study what to see, the place to remain, and every part else it is advisable to learn about visiting this wonderful metropolis. Want hostel suggestions? Learn our information to the finest hostels in Barcelona. Need extra? See all our Barcelona journey suggestions.
No Humorous Enterprise
The Savvy Backpacker is reader-supported. Which means once you purchase product/companies by hyperlinks on the location, I could earn an affiliate fee — it doesn’t price you something additional and it helps help the location.
Thanks For Studying! — James
Questions? Study extra about our Strict Promoting Coverage and How To Assist Us.